GPA Midstream Rocky Mountain Chapter provides scholarships each year to help support students of local and regional universities who are interested in pursuing a career in the midstream industry. These scholarships are granted to students with a plan to further their potential and future of a career in gas processing. GPARMC is committed to supporting and encouraging students to pursue an engineering degree and enter the oil and gas processing industry. We currently support ten local and regional universities with annual scholarships awarded each November.
Committee membership will include the following – all of which hold current positions as Director of the GPARMC:
- A Chairperson
- An Alternate Chairperson
- The remainder of the committee is made up of other GPARMC Members.
GPARMC has created a dedicated Scholarship Committee whose primary purpose is to:
- Raise student awareness of GPARMC Scholarship Program on recipient campuses
- Raise gas processing industry awareness in the engineering faculty & student populations
- Provide secondary benefits, such as networking between GPA members, etc.
- Solicit student applications for scholarship award consideration
- Review applications and essays and provide candidate recommendation list to the Board
- Candidates will be awarded scholarships based on the recommendation of committee and scoring criteria
- Inform successful candidates of the award and invite them to the GPARMC Regional Conference for recognition
- Scholarship checks will be sent to the student's registered University before the following semester
The Scholarship Committee meets as necessary and may arrange their meetings in concert with the regularly scheduled Director’s meetings. The general schedule for affecting the purpose of Scholarship
The committee is as follows:
August: Send letters to 4-year college department heads requesting candidates to apply
October: Review applications, the committee submits a recommendation to Board, Board approves recipients, recipients informed
November: Scholarship recipients invited to the GPARMC Regional Conference for recognition of scholarships
December: Send scholarship checks
Our 2020 scholarship application window will open in July and close in October. Scholarship recipients will be notified in October and invited to the GPARMC Regional Conference in November for recognition.
In order to meet the scholarship criteria, the student must:
• Be pursuing an engineering degree.
• Have achieved Junior or Senior status as an undergraduate or be enrolled in a graduate program.
• Maintain a 2.8 GPA or greater (4.0 scale.)
• Demonstrate an interest in joining the midstream industry.
• Be a U.S. or Canadian citizen.
• Complete an online application.
• Submit a 1000 (maximum) word essay.