We need your help giving back to the community! Please join GPARMC as we pack PowerSacks of nonperishable food for low-income students in Denver Public Schools. This activity takes place outdoors, rain or shine. Please arrive by 7 AM for a short orientation explaining the activity
Pre-registration is required, please sign up for any of the upcoming dates:
VOLUNTEERS ARE ASKED NOT TO PARTICIPATE IF ANY OF THESE CRITERIA APPLY
• Individuals over 65 years of age
• Individuals under 18 years of age
• Those individuals with conditions that increase their vulnerability to the virus
• Anyone who has symptoms of the Coronavirus or even regular cold symptoms (eg: runny rose, cough, etc.)
• Anyone who is asymptomatic but has been exposed or been out of the country or has been in an area under special warning during the past 2 weeks.
• Exposure to these counties in the Colorado high country: Pitkin, Summit, Eagle, and Gunnison. If you have been skiing in any of the aforementioned areas in the past two weeks, please do not come.
GLOVES & MASKS WILL BE AVAILABLE
• All volunteers will be required to wear gloves which we will provide (volunteers are asked to bring medical gloves if they have them)
• All volunteers will be asked to forego hugs, handshakes, etc. and maintain a reasonable distance
• Hand sanitizer will be available
• Packing lines will be spread out and separated so that volunteers can maintain distance SIGNING UP IS MANDATORY
• All volunteers are required to sign up before every Friday.
Who: Food For Thought Denver
What: Volunteers to pack Power Sacks
Why: Hungry Children in Denver Need Food
When: Every Friday, April 17th - May 15th, 7 AM – 8:30 AM
Where: MSU location, 1600 W. Colfax, Denver, CO
Parking: There is limited free parking available in an adjacent gravel lot and on the street. If full, there is metered parking and an Aurora Campus lot (Birch) adjacent to the parking area. The parking fee in the Birch lot is $3.50
Location for Food For Thought event is on the south side of Colfax, underneath the overpass.